The decision to immigrate to Australia proves to be really fruitful for most people under the general skilled Australian migration category. However, getting a permanent visa to live and work in Australia isn’t a cakewalk, for sure.
An appropriate and convincing assessment of your academic and occupational background by the DIAC is mandatory during the visa procedure. It is thereby logical to seek assistance of an Australian immigration specialist for a hassle-free visa stamp. However, in order to be doubly sure to avert any problem, you can verify on your end as well, if you have enclosed the required documents with your visa application:
- Make sure that you have undergone skills assessment test by the most appropriate assessing authority for the occupation you have nominated for. Skills assessment proof granted by the relevant Australian assessment authority of the nominated occupation must be included to file a valid visa application.
- All the necessary documents that are provided by you to the assessing authority, such as age proof, birth certificate and passport should be obtained. Get the copies of these documents certified and submit them with your application.
- Submission of IELTS report is also essential. It is compulsory for you to appear for only the general IELTS test and not the academic one, unless mentioned. Test results must not be older than 2 years from the date you file the application.
- Employment reference letters are a necessary requirement.
- Offer letter should be attached, only when you are looking forward to claim any points against the job offer from an Australian employer.
- Those claiming the spousal credit points, IELTS evidence of both the partners along with the recent work experience is required. Not to mention, marriage certificate also needs to be submitted, if you are married.
This is a general list, though some more documents may be required according to your individual situations. One notable point here is to ensure that you do not confuse these documents with the documents that are required to be submitted to the qualifications and skills assessment authority.
In fact, during the interim period, while you are waiting for the results of qualification assessment, you can arrange for the remaining documents that are required to complete the formalities of an Australian visa application. For the best management of your time in filing your application and complying with other visa formalities under General Skilled Migration Program, it is advisable to contact an experienced Australia immigration expert.