EB-5 critical visa stages
Getting an EB-5 visa is no child’s play. There are a lot of documents and conditions that you must fulfill to get an approval under this category. Not to mention, the huge capital investment that are the privilege of the extremely wealthy. Given below are the EB-5 critical visa stages that will give you an overview of the entire procedure:
- The investor selects an EB-5 regional center program amongst the available options. The limited partner agreement and the subscription agreement are then executed. An amount of up to $530,000 is the amount deposited by the investor into escrow account. Now, investor along with their immigration attorney starts collecting the required documents that are needed to build I-526 petition.
- The I-526 is the immigration petition submitted by the legal counsel.
- After the approval of the petition, an instruction packet is issued by the Department of State for applicants of DS-2001 and DS-230i immigrant visa. The packet encloses forms and information that are required to be completed by the investor, before the visa interview is scheduled.
- The interview date at the U.S. Consulate is notified to the investor. They also receive the appointment pack for DS-230ii immigrant visa applicants. Investors also need to undergo medical examination.
- If the investor successfully qualified through U.S. Consulate interview, conditional visa is granted without any delay.
- Within 180 days of getting the visa approval, the investors enter the periphery of the U.S.
- An application is filed by the legal counsel to get the I-829 conditions removed, which was earlier applied to your conditional EB-5 visa. This is usually done after 21-24 months of you gaining entry into the U.S. Thus, your visa is no longer under the conditional status.
- Investors are also given an option for U.S. citizenship after the completion of 60 months of their U.S. entry.
EB-5 green card is among many immigration options available to high net worth individuals and families. These options include conditional EB-5 Visa and unconditional Canada Immigrant Investor visa program.