Are You Qualified Engineer, Keen to Live and Work in Canada?
Canada’s Engineering sector is presently facing a severe shortage of Engineers, and so hiring foreign Engineers has become a necessity for the Canadian Government.
An Engineer is basically a practitioner, who applies scientific knowledge and uses mathematics formulas to develop solutions for various problems. He develops structures, machinery, design materials and electronic systems keeping in mind the limitations, costs and safety measures.
Canadian job market provides numerous opportunities to those skilled Engineers from abroad who wish to live and work in Canada. The country has a thriving economy with plenty of opportunities for these and other professionals.
Today, the Canadian Engineering sector has many attractive opportunities for foreign Engineers as many cities and provinces across the country are facing a serious shortage of such professionals. Employers in the country are on a continuous look out for qualified and experienced Engineers.
The demand of these Engineers is high: Software Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Civil & Structural Engineers, Geotechnical Engineers, and Site Engineers.
If you are a trained Engineer, and are looking for an opportunity to live and work in the ‘Land of Milk and Honey’, then you must know about the benefits of settling in the country.
- If you are not coming in the country via the Provisional Nominee Programme you may live and work anywhere in Canada, except Quebec.
- Candidate may bring along his family members (spouse and children below the age of 18).
- The government provides financial assistance to those with low income, or who are unemployed. From time to time couples with children are provided financial rewards.
- Having a prior job offer from the Canadian employer increases the pace of processing and also boosts increases your chances of landing in the nation as a permanent or temporary resident.
- Candidates get one year maternity leave (paid), the leave can be shared by both the partners.
- Permanent Residents and citizens enjoy free healthcare service.
- Children may purse free education up to the 11th standard and higher education at the subsidized rate.
- Your family members are also entitled to enjoy similar rights and may work and study as well.
- Once you have become a Canadian Citizen, you can easily live, work, or study in countries likes United States, Australia or Europe.
Those who are looking for short-term opportunities may apply for temporary residence once you have obtained a job offer from a Canadian Employer. However, if you wish to acquire Permanent Residency (PR), you may present an Expression of Interest (EoI) using the newly introduced online system, ‘Express Entry’.
Overseas Engineers as prospective immigrants may start their immigration process. The best way is to make sure that the relevant documents are filled neatly. To multiply your immigration chances you must follow the following steps:
- Certify that you choose the right immigration category.
- To know if you are eligible, fill free online assessment form.
- Contact the nearest Canada immigration consultant and discuss your case with them.