What Is Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Programme (SINP)?
Saskatchewan is a beautiful province located in western Canada with more than one million people. It is largely dependent on agricultural sector and on various natural resources, such as forestry and fishing.
Today, the province has become a popular destination for immigrants to build a new life for themselves. The province proffers high standard of living not only to its citizens but also to foreign settlers. It is one of the few provinces with low housing cost.
What is Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Programme (SINP)?
It is basically a Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP). The province may nominate eligible candidates on the basis of their experience and skills to receive a Saskatchewan Provincial Nomination Certificate. Through this certificate the candidate may apply for the Canadian Permanent Residency (PR). The certificate reduces the application processing time.
Applications are accepted under following categories:
- Saskatchewan Experience Category: It is further divided into five categories, and they are as follow:
- Existing Work Permit
- Health Professionals
- Hospitality Sector Pilot Project, and
- Long Haul Truck Drivers
The above five categories are further divided into sub-categories and for complete details you may visit the official website of the province.
- Saskatchewan Express Entry: It is a online programme and allows the province to nominate the candidates placed in the Express Entry Pool with various factors that will help them not only to settle in the province but successfully integrate with the local labor market and Saskatchewan communities. A candidate must be eligible for one of the following economic programmes:-
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Worker, and
- Federal Skilled Trades
- Entrepreneur and Farm Category: Candidate is eligible either to partner/acquire or establish a business in the province and actively participate in the day-to-day management activities. Interested candidates may submit an ‘Expression of Interest’ (EOI) using the online ‘Express Entry System’. To be eligible, the applicant must successfully meet the following selection criteria:
- He must have a net worth of CAD$500,000.
- The net worth must have been accumulated through legal means, and can be verified.
- The candidates either has three years of entrepreneurial experience or managed a relevant business venture for a similar duration.
If the candidate is approved, he must agree:
- To invest at least CAD $300,000 either in Saskatoon or Regina or else agree to invest CAD $200,000 (CAD) in Saskatchewan communities.
- If your total investment is less than CAD $1million, you must own at least one third of the total equity of a business in the province.
- Actively participate in the day-to-day activity.
- Through your business, you must be able to create at least two new employment opportunities for Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents (PR).
International Skilled Worker Category: This is a point based system and to be eligible applicant has to score minimum 60 points on the basis of various factors, such as language proficiency, age, education, experience and adaptability. The aspirant must have at least one year of work experience in a related profession during the last 10 years.