How to Get US Citizenship?
Does the American Citizenship attract you? Are you keen to be recognized as an American citizen? If your answer is yes, then you must know that the process for acquiring US Citizenship is both exciting and tedious.
Perhaps many candidates find it complex as well. However, once you have successfully obtained citizenship, you become eligible to enjoy all the rights and benefits offered by the national government.
Except other conditions you cannot apply for the US citizenship if you have not lived and worked in the country for at least five years as a Green Card Holder (permanent resident). Let’s have a look on other available options!
How to get US Citizenship?
There are many different ways to acquire the country’s citizenship and some of them are given below:
- The candidate must be born in the country or in the territorial area.
- At the time of birth, the aspirant must have either of the parents as a US citizen.
- If the person is born beyond the area out of the country’s jurisdiction but had one of the parents as US citizen, then also he will have to meet the criteria set by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Foreign citizens who once meet the eligibility criteria set the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (UCIS) may become the US citizens. Applicants are required to appear for civic and English test.
Following is the criteria to be meet by the candidate:
- The candidate must have lived and worked in the country for at least five years.
- The candidate must have lived and worked in the state from where he submits his application for at least three months from the date of submitting application.
- In the last five years, the aspirant must not have lived abroad for more than a year.
- At the time of submitting application, you must be either 18 or above 18 years.
- You are fluent in English and hold a good character.
- You agree to believe in the country’s constitution and will remain loyal towards the nation.
Marry the country’s citizen
You are eligible for naturalization as per Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), Section 319(a) if:
- Your partner is a US citizen for not less than three years.
- You partner has the Green Card for not less than three years.
- You share a marital tie with your US partner during this time.
- You successfully meet the other requirements.
Green Card Lottery
It is the most feasible option for the citizens of those countries with minimum movement to the US. It includes only those candidates who migrate to the country via family ties or else employment. It does not entertain other categories.
For complete in-depth information on how to get U.S Citizenship, contact your nearest US immigration expert. Remember: the key to success is dedication and hard work. The journey to your dream destination may be challenging but the rewards are endless.
To become a US citizen, it is not only important to understand the complete process but also to abide by the country’s rules and regulations and show loyalty towards the nation.