Interested in Short Trip to US? Use B2 Visa for Tourists!
Who will like to miss a chance to visit the US, with over three million people the country is the most popular destination. In terms of size, it is the fourth largest country in the world and has the strongest economy.
For keen travelers, the country is just perfect. You can explore the high mountains and clear beaches and enjoy the evenings in Las Vegas or enjoy a peaceful stay in Seattle. The country certainly has a lot to offer to tourists.
The US emerged as the Super Power soon after the end of the cold war and it has continued to be the most influencing country on the international map till date.
The country offers high standard of living but quality lifestyle, peaceful environment, endless employment opportunities, social benefits and much more not only to its citizens but to its permanent residents and temporary residents as well.
People from every corner of the world visit the destination for professional and other reasons. Hence to meet the growing demand of global tourists, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has introduces B2 Visa.
It is a non immigrant visitor visa. It is recreational in nature and valid only for limited period of time. It is valid for those foreign visitors who wish to visit the country only for short period of time (temporary residence).
Following are the key features for US B2 visa for tourists:
- The visa is issued for a period of not more than six months. However, the validity can be extended on request.
- Candidates visiting the country on the B2 Visa as a tourist are not allowed to take up a job in the country; neither can they enroll themselves in a course of study.
- In rare cases, applicants are allowed to participate in recreational courses but the same should not be credit based and the duration should not extend more than eighteen hours per week.
- The B2 Visa does not recognize dependents. Therefore, accompanying dependents must submit a separate petition.
Prospective immigrants are advised to submit their petition well before the actual travelling dates as the visa processing might take longer than your expected time duration.
To start with, you will need to fill the DS-160 online non immigrant visa application. This is an online application and it is mandatory to be filled by the applicant. The petition is sent to the department of state for review purposes and check if the applicant is eligible to enter the country via B2 visa.
Before eligible applicants are called for interview, they are required to submit non refundable visa processing fee. At the interview you are required to appear with following documents:
- Valid passport with expiry date not less than six months from the expected date of departure from the US.
- Confirmation page of your DS-160 application form.
- A receipt that proves that you have paid the visa application fee.
- Your recent photograph similar to the one that you have posted on the DS-160 form.
- Consulate at the embassy may ask you to bring some other documents, such as financial proof that you have enough funds to cover your trip to the nation and health certificate.