Exploring Canada Can Be Great Fun
The coast to coast beauty of Canada calls for the attention of anyone interested in tourism. The beautiful land areas, the crystal-clear waves, the amazing wildlife, the cultural heritage make the nation a land of tourism.
The Maple Leaf Country has an extensive domestic and foreign tourism industry. Due to its geographical variety, it has become a great tourist attraction. The five greatest metropolitan areas–Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa–are the center of the tourism activities.
These five provinces handle the bulk of Work Visa for Canada applications. The metropolitan areas are distinguished for their unique culture, diversity, geographical features, national parks and historic sites.
As per the estimates of 2012, more than 16 million tourists came to the nation that contributed US $17.4 billion to the international tourism. The combo of the domestic and international tourism contributes 1% of the total GDP of the country even as it is a great reason behind 309,000 jobs created in the nation.
Canada is distinguished for its great scenery, vibrancy and a warm hearted, guest loving atmosphere. The majestic mountains, splendid coastlines, lush green forests, wide prairies, and the Arctic tundra make it glamorous. Most of the people residing are British and French descendents.
Canada is a multicultural community that is known for many famous places. Few of these are
- Calgary is situated between the Canadian prairies and Canadian Rockies. After the discovery of oil in 1900s, it became the largest metropolitan. The rodeo event is the biggest attraction of the area. The whole place has great attractions, like chuck wagon races, parades, competitive events and food delicacies.
- Ottawa lies at the cross points of Gatineau and Rideau rivers. It is the capital of the country also. Thus, it is the center of all financial, political, activities. It is known for the great governmental architectures, like Parliament Hill. It is where the regular ceremonial changing of the guards takes place. The star attraction for the tourists is the Rideau Canal, which transforms into an ice skating ring in the winters.
- Whistler is known for the spectacular mountains. These mountains make the place a great skiing destination in North America. It lies close to the most scenic drive in the nation, named Sea to Sky Highway. Three villages lie at the base of the majestic mountains namely–quaint villages, Whistler Village, Creek side and Upper Village. The Peak 2 Peak gondolas are used to carry the tourists from the villages to the mountains.
- Named after the British explorer George Vancouver, Vancouver Islands are the largest islands away from the West Coast of North America. The tourist love to reach this area by ferry if they are coming from Anacortes, from Port Angeles or from Vancouver. It’s renowned for the quaint city of Victoria which is the gorgeous Butchart Gardens.
- Quebec City is the capital of Quebec province in eastern Canada. It is known for the French heritage, culture and even language. It looks more like a European village settled on a hill near the St. Lawrence River. It is a historical district with beautiful places, like Citadel and the Place-Royale. It is known for the most photographed hotel named Chateau Frontenac.