Immigrate to Canada–Different Immigration Programmes Available
To immigrate to Canada will no longer be a tough ballgame after the introduction of the Expression of Interest (EoI) Programme or Express Entry. The programme replaced the “First-Come-First-Serve” immigration programme which was followed by Ottawa all this while.
The “First-Come-First-Serve” programme gave more consideration to the applicants who have applied first rather than evaluating their real skills. The end result put a tremendous pressure with unskilled laborers moving to the Canadian soil.
So, in the year 2015, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) which was known as Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC), took bold step to scrap the old programme and give room to a new and completely promising plan to bring about development in the country.
The Express Entry programme works under a different set of parameter. Under it, age, experience, educational qualification, and language proficiency play a pivotal role for immigration.
Take a look at the ways of application if you want to immigrate to Canada!
The application to Canadian immigration can either take place through the Express Entry Programme or the Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP). In either way you will have to meet with requirements to move. In this piece, there will be stress given on the Express Entry programme which is the main immigration programme for Canada.
Those who are applying under the Express Entry programme, to immigrate to Canada will have to first fulfill the Express Entry form. The form contains the age, experience, language proficiency and educational qualification.
Once the applicants are able to meet with all the requirements which are demanded, they can move under with the specific Skilled Occupation List (SOL) job profile. The list contains the jobs which are in demand in the Maple Leaf Country and based on such jobs the immigration is processed.
The applicants–who have given all the necessary details and they are found eligible after evaluation–enter the Canadian Job Bank. The bank is a portal which helps the employers based in the country to pick the right workers for the job. The workers are evaluated based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), and the applicants who are able to secure the highest point, are given the chance to move to the overseas hotspot.
The immigration works on three different programmes
Federal Skilled Workers Programme
It is meant for those who are able to fill up the vacancy in specific domain in Canada. The immigrants who are moving under the specific scheme will have to meet with the following requirements:
- The candidate must have 1,56o hours of experience in the year and average 30 hours per week in a skilled job.
- The work in which the immigrant is involved in should be paid.
- The nature of the job should be same as applied under. Skill transferability can be entertained for specific jobs.
- The immigrant must have the required skill level in the last 10 years.
- The skill type of the job should be 0, A or B.
Federal Skilled Trades Programme
It is meant for those individuals who are in a specific trade. They are required to meet with all the requirements under the stream and upon fulfilling the requirements they are given the chance to move.
- The immigrant has accepted to live outside Quebec under the programme.
- It is important to ensure that the minimum skill level in English and French must be met in the first place.
- The candidate must have two years of specific experience in the trade in the last five years preceding the date of application.
- He must have full time experience and employment contract of one year at the time of applying for the visa.
Canadian Experience Class
The individuals who are working on a temporary visa in Canada can apply under this scheme. The candidates will have to fulfill the following requirements:
- The applicant must have one year of full time of experience.
- The person has gained experience in Canada.
- Plan to live outside Quebec.
- The candidate must have met the required level in English and French.