Permanent Residency in Canada Entitles You to Enjoy Several Benefits
The Maple Leaf country, Canada, is an economically advanced country. It is also known as the ‘land of opportunities’. The country lures 10s of 1000s of migrants from every corner of the world. Due to numerous benefits they seek they migrate to the country and experience a whole new life as a permanent resident.
As a Canadian permanent resident you are entitled to enjoy several benefits and endless opportunities. Those with a PR Card are entitled to live, work, and study in the country, indefinitely. Initially, the card is issued for five years even as at the end of the tenure it can be renewed.
Permanent Residency in Canada–Key Benefits
- Right to enjoy social benefits at par with the Canadian citizens, including free healthcare.
- Right to live, study and work anywhere in the country except Quebec.
- Right to apply for Canadian citizenship once the period of residence has been completed.
- Right to be protected as per the Canadian law and Canadian charter of Rights and Freedom.
As a permanent resident you will have to pay taxes, and abide by the Canadian laws at the municipal, federal and provincial levels.
Permanent Residency in Canada–How to Obtain It?
There are many ways through which you can acquire the country’s residency. For the same, you must consider ‘immigration categories’. Applicant under each category has to follow legal means. Some of the primary categories are as follow:
- Business Immigration (start up visa)
- Provincial Nominee Programmes (PNP)
- Express Entry
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Family Class immigration
To acquire the PR applicants are required to meet the eligibility criteria of at least one of the above mentioned programmmes. Once you have successfully acquired the status, you have to live in the country for at least two years in the five years or else you may lose your status.
To become the PR of the country, applicants have to meet the following terms and conditions:
- Present a medical and character certificate
- Get your skills assessed
- Present legal evidence of residence status
- Language proof
- PR visa application
- Appear for interviews with the immigration ambassadors
- Evidence of funds that they are financially capable of taking care of their needs.
- As a permanent resident they may travel abroad. They must though meet specific residency requirements in order to safe guard their position. The permanent residents many live and work any in the country, and if they have lived in the country for at least three years they may apply for citizenship and enjoy the same rights that of its citizens.
To become the permanent resident of the Land of milk and Honey is not an easy task. Rather, it is complex and complicated procedure. If you are thinking of acquiring the same, consult a Canada Immigration Consultant.
For more information on the Permanent Residency please contact me at email@example.com.