Are You Eager to Know Canada Visa Processing Time?
Canada Visa Processing Time
After submitting the application for the visa and providing the required documents needed for the immigration, the next question that strikes your mind is “how long will it take for my visa to get processed?” or in other words, “What will be the Canada Visa Processing Time for me?
In this article will discuss the indicative processing time for visiting, working, tourism and business visitor visas.
Canada Temporary Residence Visas Processing time
- Visitor Visa – If you’ve applied for a Temporary Residence Visitor Visa application from India it will take 32 days to get your visa processed. But if you’re already in the nation and wish to extend your visit, you can apply for the Visitor Extension Visa. Paper applications take 119 days and online applications take 146 days to process.
- Study Permit – For those who submit Study Permit Visa application from India it takes two months for the application to process. If you’re in the hotspot and wish to extend your visit, you can submit Study Permit Extension application which takes 110 days to process (paper application) and 44 days for online application.
- Work Permit – For those who submit Temporary Work Permit application from India must have to wait for 10 weeks to get their application processed. But if you’re already in the Maple Leaf Country and wish to extend your visit, you can apply for Work Permit Extension. The paper application takes 101 days to process and the online application takes 110 days to process for new employer. For the same employer, the processing time is 119 days for paper application and 116 days for online application.
- Federal Skilled Worker Application – Applications processed under this category can be processed by any of the visa offices in the hotspot’s global network. Therefore, the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the apex visa & immigration body of the nation, publishes one global processing time, depending on when the application was submitted. Petitions submitted on or after January 1, 2015 will take 6 months to process.
- Quebec Skilled Worker Application – Based on the complete application package it takes 12 months for the Quebec skilled worker application to process.
- Federal Provincial Nominee Application – The online application via Express Entry will take 6 months to process.
- Quebec Investor Class Application – the IRCC has issues a new way of processing applications which means waiting times are no longer country or visa office-specific. Instead, the petitions can be processed by any of the visa offices in the hotspot’s global network. The petition for this scheme takes 42 months to process.
- Federal Investor Class Application -Processing times are not currently published as per visa office; rather, they are published depending on when the application was submitted.
- Quebec Entrepreneur Class Application – Information regarding processing times is updated regularly. Therefore check the website regularly for an updated processing time.
- Federal Self Employed Class Application – The processing time of this petition submitted from India is 97 months.
- Quebec Self Employed Class Application – Information regarding processing times is updated regularly. Therefore check the website regularly for an updated processing time.
- Federal Canadian Experience Class – This petition takes 14 months to process.
- Live-in Caregivers – This application takes 47 months to process.