Learn How to Submit Canada Permanent Resident Application under Different Categories
Canada Permanent Resident
A Permanent Resident is someone is someone who has been given the status by immigrating to Canada, but is not a Canadian citizen. Such residents are the citizens of other countries. There are several Permanent Residency programmes offered by Ottawa that you can apply for in order to become a Canada permanent resident, and these come with their own unique application forms.
In this article we will discuss each of these Canada Permanent Resident Application forms.
- Skilled Immigrants (Express Entry) – If you have been invited to apply for Canada Permanent Residency (PR), follow these steps: Fill out the online form by signing into your account. When you sign in, you will be provided with a link to apply for PR under Express Entry. The next step is to upload all the documents asked under the Document Check list. Attach your IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form and Police Certificates. Pay the required online fees and submit the application.
- Start-Up Visa – Download the Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] from the official immigration website. Additional forms such as Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP], Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669], Schedule 13 – Business Immigration Programs – Start Up Business [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 13] are available according to your requirements. Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5760), 371.86 KB) to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need. Complete the Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5620) and make your payment online.
- Quebec Selected Business Class Applicants: Investors or Entrepreneurs–Submit your application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. If the CIO determines that your application is complete, it will be forwarded to the appropriate IRCC office for processing.
- Quebec Selected-Skilled Workers–To apply as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, you must have received a certificate of selection (Certificat de sélection du Québec) from the Quebec government and apply for PR. Use the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms. Pay the fees online or fill out the Fee Payment Form: Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5620).
- Application for Permanent Residence – Federal Self-Employed Persons and Quebec Selected Self-Employed Persons–Use the new Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]. Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5784) to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need. Pay the fees online or use the Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence – (IMM 5620).
- Application for Permanent Residence – Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Class (IMM 5806) – This application package includes: Document Checklist [IMM 5807], Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008], Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP], Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669], Schedule 17 – Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Class [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 17, Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence [IMM 5620] and Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]. You’re also required to pay online fees.