How to Apply for Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 Visa
If you are planning to permanently migrate to Australia as a skilled worker, then subclass 189 visa is the perfect choice for you. The Subclass 189 falls under skilled independent visa category, and permits you to stay in Australia without any restrictions. In order to apply, you must nominate an occupation that features on Australia’s skilled occupation list. Additionally, you need to undergo a positive skills assessment for the nominated occupation showing that you have required qualifications and skills that are in-demand in Australia.
The Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa does not require you to get sponsored by any Australian state or territory government. The visa pathway follows a points-tested stream, which requires eligible applicants to first lodge an expression of interest through SkillSelect, and be invited to apply by the government of Australia.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for a Subclass 189 visa, you must:
- Submit an Expression of Interest, and be invited to apply
- Claim at least 65 points in skilled migration points test
- Be aged between 18 and 44
- Get your skills assessed for your nominated occupation by a designated authority
- Have Competent English-speaking levels
- Meet health and character requirement
Benefits of Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
- The visa allows you to immigrate to Australia as skilled worker permanently
- Freedom to live, work, and study in any part of Australia
- Sponsor your family members and close relatives for Australia PR visa
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
- Travel to and from Australia for five years
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s state-run healthcare program
Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189- What’s the Process?
- To start with, you need to check whether your occupation is listed on Skilled Occupation List Australia. If, yes you may move into the next step.
- Undergo the positive Skills Assessment by a designated assessment body in Australia
- Lodge an EOI through SkillSelect
- Submit necessary documents in favor of the claims made by you in your EOI and show you meet the other Australia PR requirements as well.
- Wait for your invitation
- If you have received your invitation, you have 60 days to apply for the visa
- Wait for a decision
- Get your visa and fly to Australia
For more information on Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 Visa, feel free to contact our professional immigration consultants. At Abhinav, we have a team of highly qualified migration experts who guide you in every step to make your Australia visa application process a seamless experience.